The Day of your Surgery
- DO NOT EAT ANY SOLID FOOD for at least eight hours before your surgery.
- For late morning and afternoon appointments, you may drink clear liquids such as water, apple juice or coffee with non-dairy creamer – but STOP ALL LIQUIDS THREE (3) HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.)*
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. Short sleeves are helpful.
- Please take any prescribed blood pressure or heart medicines as you normally would with a small sip of water. Diabetic and patients on Coumadin will be given separate instructions.
- YOUR DRIVER MUST ACCOMPANY YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT AND REMAIN IN THE OFFICE until you are discharged from our care.
- We recommend that you have someone stay at home with you for several hours on the first day of surgery.
- Please REMOVE contact lenses, dental appliances and jewelry prior to being seated.
- Clean your mouth and teeth well prior to surgery. If you have been given Peridex, rinse with it the morning of your surgery. These steps will help to prevent infections and speed your oral healing.
*IMPORTANT: Not following instructions about food and drink may be life threatening.