The Day Before Your Surgery with Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Northwest Oral & Implant Surgery – Eugene OR
- Eat normally DURING THE DAY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT; drink eight (8) glasses of water or juice throughout the day.
- DO NOT EAT AFTER MIDNIGHT. You may drink clear liquids such as water, apple juice or coffee with non-dairy creamer for up to 3 hours before your appointment.
- Consume NO alcoholic beverages in the evening before your surgery.
- No smoking – Nicotine is a vaso-constrictor that delays healing and impairs lung function. Refrain from smoking for one week prior to surgery and for two weeks after.
- Plan who will accompany you to your surgery. Your driver must remain in the office during your procedure.
- Plan your menu after your surgery and have the recommended “post-surgery” foods on hand before your surgery.
- If you have been given Peridex (mouth rinse), start rinsing two days before surgery, two times a day.
Try to relax! We will take good care of you.