After your Surgery
- Go home and rest. You should NOT work, drive or operate machinery for 24 hours after you have had intravenous sedation. Do NOT drive or operate machinery while taking narcotic pain medicine you may have been prescribed.
- Begin taking any medications that Drs. Welch or Sweeney has prescribed for you.
- Eat soft, cool foods until bleeding has slowed: yogurt, applesauce, ice cream, Jell-O, and pudding are good choices.
- Later and for the next seven (7) days, eat soft, cooled down foods: oatmeal, eggs, pasta, soup, potatoes, cottage cheese, and fish. Have these foods on hand prior to your surgery date, as well as crushed ice or bags of frozen vegetables (peas/corn) to use for possible swelling after the procedure.
- If you have been given Peridex, rinse with it twice daily for five (5) days following surgery. This will help speed your oral healing.